Tuesday, January 8, 2013

For a Sick Friend...

I just had to share with you this little guy that I made to brighten a sick friends day.... My friend has been out with the flu and bronchitis now for 8 days and thought she could use a little pick me up...

I started with a simple battery operated tea light...


First, I gathered the colors I wanted to use for the hat and background, I used Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler.

1 - Face, whisper white cardstock.  Punch with a circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (119309). Then I centered the 1-3/8" Circle Punch (119860) over the Itty Bitty Shapes punched hole and punch out around it.  I am not sure if all tea lights are the same size, so you may want to check first to see if the sizes fit over the flame/nose.  Glue down using your tape runner.

2 - Hat, Extra Large Oval (119859) is the top of the hat and you will cut that just shy of half the piece, about 7/8".  The brim is the Large Oval (119855). Punch out one piece and then place it back into the Oval punch by using a small tab of tape runner glue to a long scrap paper and place your oval on the small tab of glue so you can send it back into the oval punch and be able to move it around.  Adjust it so you are just cutting off about 1/4".  What you will see in the oval punch is something that looks like and eye shape.  You can adjust your brim to be larger or smaller by moving your piece within the oval.  Use the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (119309) to punch out your pompom for the top of your hat.  











3 - Use your tape runner and place the brim onto the half oval and the pompom on to the top.  Run it through your Big Shot (113439) using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976) to add texture to your hat. I also used mutli-colored flocking for added texture to the pompom by dabbing it with Multi-Purpose Liquid glue (110755) and just placing it on the pompom.

4 - The eyes and mouth are Pearls (119247) colored with a black Sharpie Marker.

5 - Run your tape runner (I prefer tape runner), or Multi-Purpose glue around the outside of your snowman and add your favorite ribbon and tie a bow.  I used the Always Artichoke (121000) and Cherry Cobbler (120992) Seam Binding ribbon.

6 - To complete this project, use a Scallop Circle Punch (119854), and mark where you will need to place holes for the on/off switch on the back.  Use your tape runner and adhere it to the back.

7 - Final step, place a magnet on the back with your tape runner or your Multi-Purpose Liquid glue. 

 
Thanks for taking time to look and I hope that you enjoy my little Pick Me Up...
Donna Marcil


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10